Learn without Limits
Live Classes & Practice Sessions with Top Faculty
General English jkssb
While most Indian students are comfortable with the quantitative section of competitive exams such as CAT,Reasoning, etc, English for competitive exams remains a challenge for many. With equal weightage, if not more, to English for competitive exams as to Maths, it’s imperative to gain clarity about basic grammar rules, understand the skills it needs to crack the verbal section of competitive exams, and get extremely comfortable and confident with English for competitive exams. Does the “English monster” petrify you and gives you doubts about cracking the competitive exam you are preparing for? Worry not, you will conquer and win over this monster after reading this guide.
This blog will help you gain clarity on the general English for competitive exams and best books for english jkssb , best English books for preparation, golden rules of grammar, tips to improve your score in the verbal section of various competitive exams, and the types of questions asked!
THIS BLOG INCLUDES:
- English Grammar for Competitive Exams
- General English for Competitive Exams
- Syllabus in English for Competitive Exams
- Vocabulary to Improve English for Competitive Exams
- English Grammar Quizzes
- English Grammar Rules for Competitive Exams
- English for Competitive Exam Books
- SSC Books in English
- English Book for UPSC
- How to Improve General English for Competitive Exams?
- Read Newspapers Regularly
- Keep Revising Grammar Rules
- Prepare for the Reading Comprehension
- Excel at Spotting Errors
- Build a Strong Vocabulary
- Work on Your Listening Skills
- Time Management
English Grammar for Competitive Exams
English is one of the most scoring sections of competitive exams if you do them well. They are designed to understand your proficiency and understanding of English. Moreover, if you are able to answer Grammar questions correctly and quickly, you have more time to focus on other sections of the exam. So, let’s check out some of the important english grammar sections for competitive exams:
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Correction Questions
- Sentence Rearrangement & Para jumbles
- Idioms And Phrases
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Reported Speech
- Active And Passive Voice
- One Word Substitutions
- How to write Articles
- Confusing Words
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Letter Writing Format
- Spotting the Error
- Cloze Test
- List of Prepositions
- Poetic Devices
- Rules For Tenses
Syllabus in English for Competitive Exams
Here are the major topics that are usually covered under the section of English for Jkssb Competitive exams
|Synonyms and Antonyms
Idioms And Phrases
One Word Substitutions
|Active And Passive Voice
List of Prepositions
Sentence Correction Question
Spotting the Error
|Sentence Rearrangement & Para jumbles
Now, let’s impart you with the key tips and tricks to crack these English section topics in competitive exams:
A unique combination of ‘fill in the blanks’ with ‘reading comprehension’, a cloze test comprises of a paragraph having some missing words in it that the student is asked to add. As a prominent part under English for competitive exams, while taking a cloze test, you must first try to familiarize yourself with the flow and context of the passage.
Under this topic for English for competitive exams, remember to
- Read the passage meticulously and carefully.
- Link sentences to each other which will help you find the right word to fill in the blanks
- Assess the type of word you need to fill which will depend upon the grammar, tenses, prepositions and vocabulary used in the passage.
- Gauge the tone of the passage and negate options accordingly which will give you the right answer.
- Highlight keywords that are frequently or prominently used.
General English jkssb/Recommended Books for English Section
Click here for More
[insert page=’6286′ display=’content’]
[insert page=’6186′ display=’content’]